Sunday, January 23, 2011

Here goes the neighborhood!

Well here I go.....on a journey into blog-dom!

I thought it would be fitting to introduce myself and explain to you what exactly brought me to this point. That way maybe, just maybe you will understand what makes me, well, me!

 I am self-proclaimed  "The Domestic Diva", I'm a penny pinching, granola-wannabe, stylish, crafty momma! I am 30 and I have 4 children at home, 5 if you include my video-gaming husband, "Mr. Domestic Diva". We have a combined 5 children, 4 living at home.
 "The Teen" who just turned 13 yesterday!
 "Beanpole" who will be 11 in April,
 "SBD" (yup, that's right "Silent But Deadly", you can imagine why....) he turned 10 in December
and last but certainly not least, our only little "diva" in training "The Divine Miss M" who will be 1 in March!
The oldest is also a girl, she lives in Central Florida, attends college and we call her "The Textinator", shes got the fastest fingers on the east coast!

 So in order for me to be a stay-at-home mom I had to find ways to make our family run on a shoestring. Fortunately I'm a resourceful gal, so I started cloth diapering and cooking every meal at home. I also love to bake so I make all kinds of yummy goodness to keep my family sugar'd up!
I was given a sewing machine and I soon started figuring out how to sew. I think my first few projects were baby leggings made from woman's knee socks.
Halloween Baby Legs!
I quickly moved on to making wool longies from sweaters I found at Goodwill, then it was pillowcase dresses. I love it so much that I have decided that I would like to hone my sewing skills by helping others learn to sew.
I will be posting tutorials and tips that I learn over weeks and months of practice with all of you!
I will also share recipes and menu ideas. Hopefully I will get motivated to try new things and hopefully learn some things from all of you as well!
If there is something you would like to see, let me know, I'd love to hear what you have in mind too!!!

 I hope that you enjoy this as much as I do!
Welcome to my world.....

Signing off ~
 The Domestic Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment